Thursday 6 November 2014

Sell sell sell your art


Obviously making money is important (how else can you buy food/clothes/shelter/etc?) but when it comes to art the money comes second.

I do not sit down with my pen and paper and think "hmm, I wonder what'd look good on a persons wall" (you can probably tell this from the unpalatable nature of much my work of course). 

It's all about rattling cages for me - jerking people from the stupor of the lives that they've come to accept as normality. 

I realise that this desire stems from my wanting to appear altruistic for selfish gains. But somewhere in there as an annoyance at corruption and inequality.

The funny thing is that people are being corrupt for the same reason that I am being altruistic at the end of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment