Monday 6 January 2014

Makes you want to cry – don’t be so serious (they say)

I once got really upset about the state that we have caused our world to be in to the point that I broke down in tears. I was still young and innocent enough that when my parents said to me “don’t worry about what you can’t change - it’s not your problem”, their authority easily persuaded me to put those troubling thoughts to the back of my mind and leave them there.  
Over a decade later I retrieved them where they lay forgotten in a corner, dusted them off and brought them back into the light. Had I matured over the interim or did the numbing effect of the medication mean that I could finally look on them without succumbing to my emotions?

Who knows?

All I know is that people seem to be spending a lot of time on self-indulgent endeavours whilst other people are suffering. It’s as though they are some kind of zombie who is mindlessly feeding off of the flesh of other humans.

The reality is that I am as much a mindless flesh eating monster as anyone else - but what you gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment