Wednesday 26 February 2014

Going about it all wrong


Can you be so hell bent on a drive for pleasure through gaining knowledge that you can go too far?

For me, this quest for knowledge began a couple of years ago. I reached such a stage in my recovery that I felt confident enough to look inside and start trying to understand what was going on.

Everyday I discover something (normally many things) new. It is a very exhilarating experience to understand the world and how you fit into it.

After all you aren't born knowing any of that.

I guess it comes down to that desire for control. Once things are nicely labelled and filed away in the cabinet of understanding I feel much better in myself.

But at what point do you stop delving? Can you get addicted to that sensation of control?

No comments:

Post a Comment